Friday, March 16, 2007

I can seeeeeee you ...

I'm not a morning person at the best of times. This morning less so than usual. Due to not sleeping well I crawl out of bed and stagger to the bathroom to turn the shower on. I'm interrupted by S screaming from the hallway. "Mum, mum, there's a huge black spider !!!!"

So I go out ... and indeed, there is a, maybe not huge, but definitely sizeable, black spider crawling up the wall. We take a closer look ... and it's a white tail. Very proud of myself I think "Gosh, so that's what they look like" ... we grab the vacuum cleaner and dispose of the nasty thing.

I head back to the bathroom and jump in the shower. I'm halfway through shampooing my hair and there are more screams from the hall ... both K and S this time.

It came back !!!

Fast forward 30 seconds ... I'm standing in the hall, wrapped in a towel with shampoo in my eyes. S is screaming hysterically at the spider running across the carpet. K is convinced it's going to leap up and attack him and he's going to lose a leg to flesh eating necrosis.

And then Jake decides to get in on the action and tries to eat it. Which starts S screaming again.

K calms down enough to fetch a can of fly spray and we coat the damned thing in it. It's absolutely dripping with bug spray ... and still wandering around my hallway carpet.

I'm totally fed up by now : I'm cold, semi-naked, I have shampoo in my eyes and I haven't had a cup of coffee yet, so we tip a glass upside down over it and I go and get back in the shower.

It's totally dumb, and the rational part of my brain knows it, but I'm sitting here and I can feel the back of my neck crawl and I feel like there are little spider eyes just watching me.

The spider-zapper-bug-killer-man is coming on Monday afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home